The Wood’s lamp examination is used to detect bacterial or fungal skin infections. It can also be used to detect skin pigment irregularities, like white patches on your skin called vitiligo, or corneal abrasions, which are scratches on your eye.
- Skin Conditions and their Indications Under the Wood’s Lamp
- Normal and Healthy Skin – Blue-White Light
- Dehydrated Skin – Light Violet Light
- Pigmentations and Dark Spots – Brown Light
- Oily Skin – Yellow or Orange Light
- Inflamed Skin or Nutrition Deficiency – Red Light
- Hydrated Skin – Bright Fluorescent Light