Microneedling is a 10-20 minute cosmetic procedure that involves pricking the skin with tiny sterilized needles. The small wounds cause your body to make more collagen and elastin, which heal your skin and help you look younger.
- Reduces the Appearance of Lines and Wrinkles
- Scar Treatment
- Treats Sun Damage
- Aids Anti-Ageing
- Rosacea Reduction
- Shrinks Pores
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that involves pricking the skin with tiny sterilized needles. The small wounds cause your body to make more collagen and elastin, which heal your skin and help you look younger.
What is Microneedling used for?
- Treating scars of acne and chickenpox
- Diminishing wrinkles and fine lines
- Improving skin discolouration
- Increasing firmness and elasticity of the skin
- Rejuvenation of the face, neck, décolletage, and hands
- Reducing stretch marks
- Enhancing product absorption
What are there different sizes of Microneedling?
The selection of size (depth of the needle) depends on your skin concern:
- 0.25mm-1mm: For rejuvenation, anti-ageing, enlarged pores and fine lines, especially around the eyes and around lips. It is used to help better penetration and absorption of products.
- 1.5mm-2mm: For mild acne scars, chickenpox scarring, enlarged pores, blemishes, uneven skin tones, stretch marks, skin laxity, and wrinkles.
- 2.5mm- 3mm: In addition to all of the above, these sizes are particularly used for very deep acne scars and surgical scars. Such sizes should not be used at home. They are only for professional in-office use.
How long will it take before I see results?
Typically, you will see results after the first treatment. Longer lasting and more significant results will occur after 4 to 6 treatments (spaced 4-6 weeks apart). The bigger the size of the needle, the more gap is required between sessions as collagen needs time to build. While 1mm needle can be used every 2 weeks, 1.5-2mm can be used every 3-4 weeks, the 3mm can only be used every 6 weeks.
Your skin will continue to improve over the next 6-12 months after a course of treatments and when combined with the recommended post-treatment care.
Is there any downtime after the treatment?
You may experience facial redness, mild swelling, and mild bruising for 12-48 hours after the treatment. This depends on the size of the needle and can be easily concealed with make-up. Most people are able to return to normal daily activities immediately after the treatment.
How to enhance the results of Microneedling with aftercare?
To take your results to the next level, we will use products that focus on hydrating, healing, and increasing collagen production. We will guide you through the best products for your skin type and issues.